Who we are:
EIKON has offices in Burbank and London servicing the Feature Film and Broadcast Industries. We are looking for a dedicated self-starter to join our fast growing Technology Team. This position has the potential for huge personal development in a number of areas. This role would suit an established post-production engineer, systems engineer or DevOps with an interest in in the Film/TV industry.
As a Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining, managing, and improving our technology platform. The role will combine your knowledge of infrastructure, networking, storage and software development to drive our daily production needs and our future technology goals.
You will work with all departments on a variety of tasks from theatre calibration, file transcoding, media distribution to forward thinking technology strategy. Attitude and application will be of the utmost importance, as will the ability to interact with our close knit team.
The ideal candidate will have 2 years of experience with digital media production, 2 years of experience with production IT, and a background in related IT areas including software development, with a working knowledge of encoding and editing systems and industry standard audio tools.
Key role responsibilities:
- Spec out new hardware and handle installation, configuration, and testing in a Windows/CentOS/OSX environment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any IT service issues related to both the production and office environments.
- Set up systems for remote administration, system polling and performance monitoring.
- Perform high-level root cause analysis and recovery from service interruption.
Required knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Thorough understanding of Linux, Windows, MacOS in an enterprise environment.
- Intermediate/Advanced Linux and Active Directory sysadmin.
- Experience with SAN/NAS storage administration.
- Experience with network design, security, and implementation.
- Solid understanding of the TCP/IP stack and related services.
- Experience with scripting/programming (Bash, Python, C#).
- Experience with electronic delivery mechanisms and workflows.
Desired knowledge and experience:
- Proven experience in a fast-paced media-centric technical environment.
- Flexible and responsive approach to handle tight turnarounds, and re-assess workloads to ensure deadlines are met.
- Experience with asset management and workflow automation.
- Exposure virtualization and cloud based computing.
- Knowledge of digital cinema playback equipment (Doremi, Dolby, Barco, NEC, etc.).
- Knowledge workflows and toolsets for file-based editorial, transcoding, visual effects, subtitling, and stereography.
- In-depth knowledge of industry standards for content encryption and security.
This position will be standard M-F working hours, with participation in an on-call rotation for after hours, weekends, and holidays.