EIKON Group is a company with offices in Burbank and London servicing the feature film and broadcast industry. We are looking for a dedicated self-starter to join our growing Technology Team.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
As a systems engineer reporting to the Technology Manager, you will be responsible for managing, maintaining, and improving our technology platform. This includes but is not limited to storage, networking, VM, cloud, containers and broadcast equipment. Ideally, the candidate will have 3 years of production engineering experience, along with solid troubleshooting skills.
- Maintain the network/storage/broadcast infrastructure throughout the building.
- Document workflows within a wiki for internal use and future development.
- Securing the internal production network to adhere to strict industry policies.
- Perform high-level root cause analysis and recovery from service interruption.
- Set up systems for remote administration, system polling, and performance monitoring.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any IT service issues related to both the production and corporate environments.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Thorough understanding of Linux, Windows, MacOS in an enterprise environment.
- Intermediate/Advanced Linux and Active Directory sysadmin.
- Experience with SAN/NAS/ACL storage administration.
- Experience with electronic delivery mechanisms and workflows.
- Experience with KVM solutions.
- Knowledgeable of broadcast/theatrical equipment, SDI, ATMOS, DLP projectors
- VM, containers, and cloud based computing concepts.
- Firewalls, VLAN, high speed networking
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, TRAITS
- Knowledge of workflows and toolsets for file-based editorial, transcoding, visual effects, subtitling, and stereography.
- DVS/Rohde & Schwarz application/hardware.
- Telestream Vantage Transcoding Software/Hardware.
- Digital cinema playback equipment; Doremi, Dolby, Barco, NEC.
- In-depth knowledge of industry standards for content encryption and security.
- GPFS/CIFS filesystem experience
- Great organizational/communication skills.
- Ability to lead (and develop) efficient workflows and processes.
- Excellent IT knowledge and literacy.
- Great attention to detail.
- Methodical troubleshooting ability.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to rigid deadlines.
This position will be standard M-F working hours. With after-hours, weekends, and holiday coverage as needed.