As a Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining, managing, and improving our technology platform. Your role will combine your knowledge of infrastructure, networking, storage, and software development to drive our daily production needs as well as our future technology goals.
You will have the opportunity to train with members of all departments, to better understand the end to end workflows for all of our services. Building on this knowledge, you will develop workflow enhancements using a variety of technical solutions.
KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Spec out new hardware and handle installation, configuration, and testing in a Windows/CentOS/OSX environment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any IT service issues related to both the production and office environments.
- Set up systems for remote administration, system polling, and performance monitoring.
- Perform high-level root cause analysis and recovery from service interruption.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Thorough understanding of Linux, Windows, MacOS in an enterprise environment.
- Intermediate/Advanced Linux and Active Directory sysadmin.
- Experience with SAN/NAS storage administration.
- Experience with network design, security, and implementation.
- Solid understanding of the TCP/IP stack and related services.
- Experience with scripting/programming (Bash, Python, C#)
- Experience with electronic delivery mechanisms and workflows.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience in a fast-paced media-centric technical environment.
- Flexible and responsive approach to handle tight turnarounds and re-assess workloads to ensure deadlines are met.
- Experience with asset management and workflow automation.
- Exposure virtualization and cloud-based computing.
- Knowledge of digital cinema playback equipment (Doremi, Dolby, Barco, NEC, etc.).
- Knowledge workflows and toolsets for file-based editorial, transcoding, visual effects, subtitling, and stereography.
- In-depth knowledge of industry standards for content encryption and security.
This position will be standard M-F working hours, with participation in an on-call rotation for after hours, weekends, and holidays.