We are seeking an experienced Subtitling Technician to join us at our brand new, state of the art facility in Burbank, Los Angeles. The ideal candidate will have experience in Theatrical Subtitling for features or short form in Digital Cinema, however, this is not essential as full training will be given.
As a Subtitling Technician, you will be responsible for the end-to-end file handling of various languages. This will include preliminary error checks, full technical QC and final post-processing. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join an expanding team and help shape the department.
To succeed at EIKON, candidates must be enthusiastic, reliable, flexible but above all professional with a great determination to succeed. They'll be comfortable working to tight deadlines, managing pressure well and have extremely high standards of quality.
This is a fast-paced industry, where clients’ needs are constantly changing, so the right candidate needs to be adaptable and comfortable making informed decisions in sometimes ambiguous situations. You will possess the desire and ability to learn new software, concepts, and workflows, both currently and going forward.
Subtitling work closely with other departments at EIKON and therefore opportunities will arise to be involved in projects which go beyond the normal scope of subtitling. We’re constantly developing new techniques and workflows, so are looking for people who can push the boundaries and contribute to the continuing success of our company.
We have the most innovative team in the industry and applicants should have the desire to become part of this impressive team.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Subtitling experience in either the feature film or broadcast industries
- Superlative attention to detail and ability to maintain focus at all times
- Professionalism when liaising with senior-level clients
- An ability to handle high-pressure situations and sensitive information
- A positive and mature attitude to hard work
- A voracious appetite to learn
- Patience and attention-to-detail
- Confidence and organisation
- A willingness to help those around you
- A passion for post-production
- Strong IT literacy
- Proficiency in a second language (desirable)
The minimum duties for a subtitling position at EIKON are:
- Creating subtitle language projects for Theatrical, OTT & VOD platforms
- Managing incoming subtitle files from a variety of sources
- Conforming and importing incoming files and scripts
- Reviewing files over backgrounds
- QC and error reporting in 2D & 3D
- Exporting proofs, simulations and final files for mastering
- Problem solving language related issues
This is a full-time, in-house position.
All applicants must have the right to work in the United States.
Please send your résumé and a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role.
Salary is based on experience.