SUBTITLERS (ALL LEVELS)
Due to phenomenal growth, EIKON are once more expanding their subtitling department!
As we enter an exciting period of rapid global expansion to support new business, we are seeking Subtitlers across all levels to join us at our brand new, state of the art facility in Burbank, Los Angeles.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to be one of the first in the door and help shape the department. If you’re a recent graduate with limited professional experience but a proactive ‘can do’ attitude, or an experienced manager with great industry connections, we want to hear from you.
To succeed at Eikon, all candidates must be enthusiastic, reliable, flexible but above all professional with a great determination to succeed. You’ll be comfortable working to tight deadlines, managing pressure well and have extremely high standards of quality.
This is a fast-paced industry, where clients’ needs are constantly changing, so the right candidate needs to be adaptable and comfortable making informed decisions in sometimes ambiguous situations. They will possess the desire and ability to learn new software, concepts and workflows, both currently and going forward.
EIKON has the most innovative subtitling team in the industry and applicants should have the desire to become part of this impressive team.
The subtitling department works closely with other departments at EIKON and therefore opportunities will arise to be involved in projects which go beyond the normal scope of subtitling.
EIKON is also constantly developing new techniques and workflows, so we are looking for people who are willing to push the boundaries and contribute to the continuing success of our company.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Superlative attention to detail and the ability to maintain focus at all times
- Professionalism when liaising with senior-level clients
- An ability to handle high-pressure situations and sensitive information
- A positive and mature attitude to hard work
- A voracious appetite to learn
- Patience and attention-to-detail when dealing with multiple versions of the same content
- Confidence and organisation
- A willingness to help those around you
- A passion for post-production
- Strong IT literacy
The minimum duties for a subtitling position at EIKON are:
- Creating subtitle language projects for theatrical and non-theatrical media
- Managing incoming subtitle files from a variety of sources
- Conforming and importing incoming files and scripts
- Reviewing files over backgrounds
- QC and error reporting in 2D & 3D
- Exporting proofs, simulations and final files for mastering
- Problem solving language related issues
Apply by sending us your latest resume along with a cover letter, detailing why you are suited for a subtitling role in post production.
If you have much greater industry experience and are interested in hearing more about a senior or managerial position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Salary is based on experience.
Interviews will commence the week of February 11th and will continue until the right candidates are found.