QUALITY CONTROL TECHNICIAN
As a QC Technician you will be primarily responsible for performing quality assurance checks on theatrical feature film and trailer DCPs (Digital Cinema Packages), downstream materials such as ProRes and H.264, and for running client-attended QC checks.
You will be trained in the operation of all our theatrical and downstream equipment, such as playback servers, projectors, audio playback processors, and non-linear editing platforms as required.
You will be expected to interact with senior-level and VIP clients in a friendly manner, and with the utmost professionalism at all times.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Superlative attention to detail and the ability to maintain focus at all times
- Professionalism when liaising with senior-level clients
- An ability to handle high-pressure situations and sensitive information
- A positive and mature attitude to hard work
- A voracious appetite to learn
- Patience and attention-to-detail when dealing with multiple versions of the same content
- Confidence and organisation
- A willingness to help those around you
- A passion for post production
- Strong IT literacy
With training, you will become proficient in:
- Operating our theatrical screening rooms and all relevant equipment
- Technical QC of mezzanine files for online and downstream use
- Running client-attended QC sessions
- Creating associated paperwork
- Liaising with account managers and other operational departments within the EIKON Group
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
You must have at least one year’s experience of theatrical or broadcast QC, gained in a post production environment. You must be intimately familiar with all faults and artefacts relating to film, video, audio, and subtitling, and be able to communicate QC findings in a clear, concise, and logical way, both verbally and in writing.
Ideally, you should have a solid familiarity with post production workflows and processes.
You will be expected to run screenings for senior-level, high-profile clients, including VIPs, so diplomacy, professionalism, discretion and tact must be second nature to you.
Additionally, you should possess a strong desire to learn, a positive attitude to hard work, and the motivation to grow into a key member of the company.
Beneficial experience might include:
- Familiarity with non-linear video and audio editing systems such as Clipster, Adobe Premiere, Pro Tools etc.
- Knowledge of DCI specifications, mastering and theatrical playback hardware
- Experience of foreign-language versioning