We see the role of Python Developer as highly skilled and versatile, with a passion for creating robust, high performing software that can delight both internal and external clients. You will thrive in a team that takes pride in its work, keeping up to date with the latest developments in the field of technology and always willing to share new ideas with the team.
The position will suit somebody that lives and breathes code. Motivated self-starters and excellent communication skills are essential for the successful developer as you will be dealing with the end users. You will be working on a number of new projects and will be working with the development manager on a range of exciting R&D projects aimed at creating innovative solutions for clients and users.
You will be working in an agile environment within a rapidly expanding team. You will be pushed to create compelling experiences that will stretch your talents and give you opportunities to learn new skills.
- Work closely with lead developers to implement Python application architectures and designs.
- Work and take lead on greenfield projects.
- Maintain existing applications to support operations.
- Produce documents including release notes, design documents, and class diagrams.
- Perform testing with technical peers and functional end users to ensure successful launch of development projects.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Out of hours support when needed.
- Help shape functional and technological decisions which will help take their products to the next level.
- Communicate clearly to all stakeholders.
- Promote quality engineering and good coding practices across the company.
We are looking for a full stack developer, comfortable working on all areas of a project with an in-depth understanding of as many of the following as possible:
- 5+ years Python
- 1+ years RabbitMQ
- Strong concepts and working experience with a relational database.
- Experience of developing web UI based applications and high performance batch processes and interfaces in a high volume transactions environment.
- Knowledge of programming methodologies, standards and techniques.
- Experience of configuration and release management. Working experience of Git, Subversion, or other source code management tools.
- Experience of working with business users and be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of distributed computing and SOA architectures.
- Knowledge of RESTful and SOAP interfaces.
- Knowledge of the digital cinema ecosystem.
- Testing (unit, integration, etc.), along with test automation.
- Distributed message system design/development.
- Agile and XP methodologies – TDD and iterative development with continuous integration.
- SOLID Code design.