As the Media Technician you will be responsible for all aspects of mastering feature films, episodic programmes, and trailers, for theatrical, downstream and broadcast use.
Additionally, your ongoing development will ultimately see you trained in all aspects of content mastering, including feature films, trailers, and episodic programmes, for theatrical, downstream, and broadcast use.
In theatrical mastering, training will cover the encoding of source elements to create final distribution Digital Cinema Packages, ensuring all aspects of the DCP - picture, audio, and subtitles - are correct and adhere to industry standards. QC training will enable you to carry out final QC of all DCPs.
For downstream and broadcast work, training will cover the creation and QC of foreign-language master versions of feature films, trailers, and episodic programmes. Training will also include the transcoding of trailers and promotional materials for online services, ensuring that any technical specifications are adhered to.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A positive and professional attitude to hard work
- A voracious appetite to learn
- The aptitude and determination to succeed
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to maintain focus at all times
- Patience when dealing with multiple versions of the same content
- Confidence and organization
- A willingness to help those around you
- A passion for film post-production
- Strong IT literacy
- Professionalism when liaising with senior-level clients
- An ability to handle high-pressure situations and sensitive information
With thorough training, you will become proficient in:
- Operating theatrical screening rooms and all relevant equipment
- Running client-attended QC sessions
- Mastering all variants of Digital Cinema Packages, including but not limited to 2K/4K, 2D/3D, Subtitled, Dubbed, Atmos/Auro and High Frame Rate, within tight deadlines
- Mastering DCPs to both Interop and SMPTE standards
- DCP Validation and ingesting, KDM creation, and performing technical Quality Checks of DCPs
- Re-editing content for censorship
- Creation of associated paperwork
- Mastering foreign-language media for broadcast and downstream use
- Transcoding and technical QC of mezzanine files for online use
- Audio editing, conforming and compliance checks
- Liaising with and providing support for other operational departments within EIKON Group Limited
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
Relevant experience within a mastering environment would be beneficial but is not essential as comprehensive training and full support will be provided. What is essential is your desire to learn, a positive attitude to hard work, and the motivation to grow into a key member of the department.
Beneficial experience may include:
- Familiarity with non-linear editing systems, e.g. DVS Clipster, FCP, Adobe Premiere etc.
- Familiarity with Pro Tools
- Knowledge of DCI specifications, mastering and theatrical playback hardware
- Experience of file encoding and transcoding
- Experience of foreign-language versioning
- A solid understanding of broadcast and feature post-production techniques
- Technical QC experience.
This position will be working as part of a shift rotation which includes nights, weekends and public holidays.