The Mastering department has been a fundamental part of EIKON’s growth and success, and we need dedicated, driven and enthusiastic individuals to ensure our success continues. You’ll be proactive, organised and ready to learn, and we’ll ensure that you’re provided with the knowledge and guidance to deliver to EIKON’s impeccably high standards.
As a Junior Level Media Technician, you will be primarily responsible for content preparation and feature/trailer creation. You will be trained in the operation of all relevant equipment such as DVS Clipster, Adobe Premiere, Vantage, and Pro Tools. Additionally, training will cover the creation of digital cinema packages and downstream deliverables - including feature films, trailers, promos, and episodic programmes - ensuring picture, audio and subtitles are correct and adhere to industry standards and technical specifications. Full QC training will enable you to carry out the final QC of all content. You will also be expected to interact with senior-level clients and staff in a professional and friendly manner at all times. You will primarily report to the Director of Mastering Operations and Director of Mastering Production.
With thorough training, you will become proficient in:
• Mastering all variants of digital cinema packages, including 2K/4K, 2D/3D, subtitled, dubbed, Atmos/Auro/DTS:X and high frame rate/high dynamic range content
• Mastering DCPs to both Interop and SMPTE standards
• Re-editing content for censorship
• DCP validation and ingesting, KDM creation
• Operating theatrical screening rooms and all relevant equipment
• Running client-attended QC sessions
• Using our work order system
Additionally, you will also be trained in the following:
• Mastering and transcoding content for online use
• Creation of subtitling backgrounds for trailers, features, and promos
• Technical QC of all created files and DCPs
• Audio editing, conforming and compliance checks
• Video frame-rate conversions
• Creation of associated paperwork
• Liaising with and providing support for other operational departments within EIKON Group Limited
SKILL AND ATTRIBUTES
As this is an entry-level position, relevant experience within a mastering environment would be beneficial, but is not essential, since comprehensive training and full support will be provided.
What is essential is your desire to learn, a positive attitude to hard work, and the motivation to grow into a key member of the department. It’s also critical that you have a flexible and proactive approach to meeting tight deadlines. Beneficial experience may include:
• Familiarity with editing systems, e.g. DVS Clipster, Adobe Premiere, Pro Tools etc.
• Knowledge of DCI specifications, mastering and theatrical playback hardware
• Experience of file encoding and transcoding
• Experience of foreign-language versioning
• A solid understanding of broadcast and post-production techniques
• Technical QC experience.
This position is part of a shift rota which includes nights, weekends and public holidays