JUNIOR LEVEL MEDIA TECHNICIAN
As a Junior Level Media Technicianyou will be comprehensively trained in all aspects of mastering feature films, episodic programmes, and trailers, for theatrical, downstream and broadcast use.
You will primarily be encoding theatrical source elements to create final distribution Digital Cinema Packages, ensuring all elements – picture, audio and subtitles – are correct and adhere to industry standards. You will then carry out final QC of all DCPs.
For downstream and broadcast work, you will be responsible for the creation and QC of foreign-language master versions of both feature films and episodic programmes. In addition, you will transcode trailers and promotional materials for online services. You will ensure that any technical specifications are adhered to.
You will primarily report to the Mastering Operations and Mastering Production Managers.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A positive and professional attitude to hard work
- A voracious appetite to learn
- The aptitude and determination to succeed
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to maintain focus at all times
- Patience when dealing with multiple versions of the same content
- Confidence and organisation
- A willingness to help those around you
- A passion for film post production
- Strong IT literacy
- Professionalism when liaising with senior-level clients
- An ability to handle high-pressure situations and sensitive information
With thorough training, you will become proficient in:
- Mastering all variants of Digital Cinema Packages, including but not limited to 2K/4K, 2D/3D, Subtitled, Dubbed, Atmos/Auro and High Frame Rate, within tight deadlines
- Mastering DCPs to both Interop and SMPTE standards
- DCP Validation and ingesting, KDM creation, and performing technical Quality Checks of DCPs
- Re-editing content for censorship
- Creation of associated paperwork
- Operating theatrical screening rooms
- Mastering foreign-language media for broadcast and downstream use
- Transcoding and technical QC of mezzanine files for online use
- Audio editing, conforming and compliance checks
- Liaising with and providing support for other operational departments within EIKON Group Limited
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
As this is an entry-level position, relevant experience within a mastering environment would be beneficial, but is not essential as comprehensive training and full support will be provided. What is essential is your desire to learn, a positive attitude to hard work, and the motivation to grow into a key member of the department.
Beneficial experience may include:
- Familiarity with non-linear editing systems, e.g. DVS Clipster, FCP, Adobe Premiere etc.
- Familiarity with Pro Tools
- Knowledge of DCI specifications, mastering and theatrical playback hardware
- Experience of file encoding and transcoding
- Experience of foreign-language versioning
- A solid understanding of broadcast and feature post-production techniques
- Technical QC experience.
This position will be working as part of a shift rota which will include nights, weekends and public holidays.