At EIKON, we believe people do their best in a supportive, innovative and collaborative environment. Where communication is key, people care and take pride in what they do and how they do it. If you support these values, have a love for film & TV and want to be part of a globally successful, culture-driven team, then please read on.
Why We Need You
Due to further expansion, we’re seeking an experienced English Scripting Specialist to join us at our state-of-the-art facility in Burbank, California. This is a vital role in our English services department so the successful candidate must exude a passion for film, the English language, have a great eye for detail and pride themselves on delivering excellence. There’s huge scope for progression and the chance to build on your current skillset, with training in further aspects of creative writing and the option to learn all aspects of Theatrical Subtitling.
To succeed at EIKON, candidates must be enthusiastic, reliable, flexible, but above all professional with a great determination to succeed. They'll be comfortable working to tight deadlines, managing pressure well and have extremely high standards of quality. This is a fast-paced industry, where clients’ needs are constantly changing, so the right candidates need to be adaptable and comfortable making informed decisions in sometimes ambiguous situations. They will possess the desire and ability to learn new software, concepts and workflows, both currently and going forward.
Based in our ever-growing subtitling department, you will be the main point of contact for all things script related. From Combined Dialogue and Spotting List creation to researching relevant subject matter in order to provide context and clarity to translators. You’ll be expected to update client-specific workflows and test new software, reporting and logging any bugs. You’re an all-rounder who can do it all!
- Lead and ‘own’ English Scripting Services
- Creation of detailed CDSL scripts for features and trailers
- Researching around the subject matter to provide detailed annotations
- Responsible for completing error-free scripts by the due date
- Responsible for building, maintaining and adhering to client-specific workflows
- Testing new software, concepts and bug reporting
- Liaising and collaborating with internal departments and building strong client relationships
Skills and Attributes
- Great command of the written English language and exceptional grammatical skills
- Dubbing experience in either the feature film or broadcast industries
- Transcription and Spotting experience
- Should have a well-rounded knowledge of historical and contemporary events
- High attention to detail with an almost compulsive affinity for producing the best quality
- Superlative attention to detail and the ability to maintain focus at all times
- Professionalism when liaising with senior-level clients
- An ability to handle high-pressure situations and sensitive information
- A positive and mature attitude to hard work
- A voracious appetite to learn
- Patience and attention to detail
- Confidence and organisation
- A willingness to help those around you
- A passion for post-production
- BA degree required in relevant discipline
- 3 years’ professional experience in a similar role