WHO WE ARE
EIKON has offices with offices in Burbank and London servicing the Feature Film and Broadcast Industries. We are looking for a dedicated self-starter to join our fast-growing Technology team. This position has the potential for huge personal development in a number of technical areas.
As a Data Technician, you will be responsible for the secure transfer of inbound or outbound digital and physical assets. You will work closely with all departments to ensure all work is properly prioritized and completed on time.
You will have the opportunity to train with members of all departments, to better understand the end to end workflows for all of our services.
KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the ingress and egress of digital and physical assets
- Validate and verify assets to ensure delivery accuracy
- Organize and archive assets for storage and retrieval
- Ensure that all security protocols are strictly adhered to
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Basic familiarity with Linux, Windows, macOS
- Comfortable navigating a filesystem and performing tasks via the command line
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to convert between bytes/bits and different units of size (TB to KB)
- Experience organizing large amounts of data
- Documents, pictures, videos, etc.
- Naming, folder structure, asset identification, timestamps, file metadata
- Ability to estimate transfer speeds based on file size and transfer speed (both physical and digital)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in solving problems
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to coordinateworkflows across multiple projects simultaneously
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience in a similar technical environment
- Flexible and responsive approach to handle tight turnarounds, and re-assess workloads to ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing workflows and technology
- Experience with high speed electronic delivery software
- Knowledge of Digital Cinema workflows, standards, and tools
- Experience with content security and encryption
- Proficient with command line on any platform
- Proficient with Linux, Windows, and macOS
- Solid understanding of storage technology
- Experience with a broad range of physical media, including mounting/troubleshooting on all platforms
- Solid understanding of networking
This position will be shift-based, covering a weekend shift. It will also involve working public holidays as required.