Due to phenomenal growth, EIKON is once more expanding their Mastering Department!
As we enter an exciting period of rapid global expansion to support new business, we are seeking a Content Services Technician to join us at our brand new, state of the art facility in Burbank, Los Angeles.
To succeed at Eikon, all candidates must be enthusiastic, reliable, flexible but above all professional with a great determination to succeed. You’ll be comfortable working to tight deadlines, managing pressure well and have extremely high standards of quality.
This is a fast-paced industry, where clients’ needs are constantly changing, so the right candidate needs to be adaptable and comfortable making informed decisions in sometimes ambiguous situations. They will possess the desire and ability to learn new software, concepts, and workflows, both currently and going forward.
EIKON is also constantly developing new techniques and workflows, so we are looking for people who are willing to push the boundaries and contribute to the continuing success of our company.
CONTENT SERVICES TECHNICIAN
As Content Services Technician you will be responsible for all aspects of content preparation for mastering feature films, episodic programmes, and trailers, for theatrical, downstream and broadcast use.
You will review and conform incoming video and audio elements, and ensure they meet the required technical specifications.
KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mastering and transcoding mezzanine files for online use
- Mastering foreign-language broadcast/downstream media in ProRes and other formats
- Audio editing, conforming, leveling, and compliance checks
- Audio recording sessions for Theatrical Audio Descriptive
- Creation of subtitling backgrounds for trailers and features
- Technical QC of all created files
- Video frame-rate conversions
- Validating transcodes
- Creation of associated paperwork
- Liaising with and providing support for other operational departments within EIKON Group Limited
- Using a work-order system
- Mastering simple DCPs
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Proven experience in a post-production environment
- An understanding of broadcast and feature post-production techniques
- Proven experience of file encoding and transcoding
- A flair for audio, with proven experience in editing, conforming, retiming, pitch correction and finessing
- Ability to perform simple audio mixes would be advantageous
- Proven track record in QC of file-based media
- A grasp of DCI specification would be advantageous
- Ability to coordinate workflows across multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to drive and inspire colleagues
- A flexible and proactive approach to meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly with other departments, including account management
- Experience of foreign-language versioning
- In-depth experience of Pro Tools
- Familiarity with non-linear editing systems – e.g. DVS Clipster, Adobe Premiere, Pro Tools, etc.
- Familiarity with post-production media systems – Colorfront Transkoder, Telestrean Vantage, etc.
- Knowledge of all media file formats and transcoding processes
- Knowledge of EBU audio and video standards, including those covered by r103, r128, rec709 etc.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Enthusiastic can-do attitude with strong problem-solving skills
- A high level of productivity
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills
- Good working knowledge of technical software and related systems
- Strong IT literacy, and proven competence with both PC and Mac platforms
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations and sensitive information
- Ability to prioritise and manage workloads effectively
- The flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Willingness and capability to troubleshoot complex problems
- Good customer service skills