We see the role of Application Support Engineer as both highly methodical and highly personable. You have a passion for advocating for customers' needs when presenting issues to software developers. You will thrive in a team that takes pride in its work, keeping up to date with the latest developments in the field of technology and always willing to share new ideas with the team.
The position will suit somebody that loves troubleshooting. Motivated self-starters and excellent communication skills are essential for the successful application support engineer as you will be dealing with both customers and QA engineers. You will be working on a number of new projects and will be working with the development manager to support a range of exciting and innovative solutions for clients and users.
You will be working in an agile environment beside a rapidly expanding team. You will be pushed to create compelling experiences that will stretch your talents and give you opportunities to learn new skills.
- Create and maintain documentation covering application usage.
- Refine and expand on user-submitted tickets for use by the development team.
- Work with software engineers to find workarounds, if necessary, for issues.
- Work with operations to deploy modules.
- Work with product owners in ticket prioritization.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- After-hours and on-call support.
- Maintain professionalism when communicating with end users.
- Communicate clearly to all stakeholders.
- Promote quality engineering and user engagement across the company.
We are looking for an experienced application support engineer, comfortable working on all areas of a project with an in-depth understanding of as many of the following as possible:
- 5+ years of experience in application (hardware or software) support.
- 2+ years of Python/Perl or Java/C#/C++ experience.
- 2+ years of SQL scripting.
- 2+ years of shell scripting.
- 2+ years of containerization experience.
- Strongly experienced documenting actions and processes.
- Experience with the Git version control system.
- Experience communicating with both end users and software developers.
- Knowledge deriving test scenarios from user stories.
- Knowledge of the digital cinema ecosystem.