At EIKON, we believe people do their best in a supportive, innovative and collaborative environment. Where communication is key, people care and take pride in what they do and how they do it. If you support these values, have a love for film and TV, and want to be part of a globally successful, culture-driven team, then please read on.
Why We Need You
EIKON Group is a fast-growing worldwide digital mastering, localisation and technology business, servicing the film and television industry for worldwide feature releases, episodic content, and full trailer marketing campaigns. EIKON service all the Hollywood studios and many other major content owners.
With facilities in London and Los Angeles, EIKON has a reputation for excellence, experience and innovation, above and beyond all else in their field.
We are expanding our account management team in London and are looking for someone who is highly motivated, experienced and passionate about post-production, content mastering and foreign language versioning.
The role of the Account Manager is pivotal within EIKON. You will be responsible for project management, client servicing, strategic growth, and revenue of designated EIKON clients, for worldwide OTT, theatrical, and downstream distribution.
- Build and maintain strong, professional relationships with clients
- Ensure expectations of quality, efficiency and delivery are always met
- Coordinate projects with clients' international and local offices
- Manage projects internally and externally from quote and costing, through to delivery
- Schedule time and technology across different departments
- Troubleshoot problems and oversee the resolution
- Work with clients to develop opportunities for new technologies, workflows & procedures
- Create and track production reports
- Forecast project requirements and revenue
Skills and Attributes
- At least 2 years’ experience in a post-production role
- Knowledge of digital cinema, downstream, and QC workflows is essential
- Foreign language versioning experience
- Knowledge of editing, grading, and mixing workflows would be an advantage
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and ability to work independently
- A professional, positive and proactive approach
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills and time-management
- Excellent customer service; skilled in written and verbal communication
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations and sensitive information
- The flexibility to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Willingness and ability to troubleshoot complex problems and suggest solutions
- Strong IT literacy and a good knowledge of Microsoft office