EIKON Group is a leading worldwide digital mastering, localisation and technology business servicing the film and television industry for worldwide feature releases, episodic content and full trailer marketing campaigns. EIKON service the Hollywood studios and many other major content owners.
With facilities in London and Los Angeles EIKON have a reputation for excellence, experience, and innovation above and beyond all else in their field.
EIKON Group is expanding our Account management team in London and is looking for a highly motivated, experienced and passionate Senior Account Manager.
The role of Senior Account Manager is a pivotal role within EIKON. The role assumes lead responsibility for a major client account.
This role incorporates responsibility for production management and servicing plus strategic and revenue growth.
Experience in project management in digital cinema mastering and Foreign Language Versioning (and other multiple platforms) is essential.
The role will be based in EIKON at 12 Golden Square, London, W1.
- Build and maintain strong, professional relationships with the designated client.
- Manage and develop a team, ensuring expectations of quality, efficiency, and delivery are always met.
- Managing and delivering large scale projects with respective client across international and territory offices.
- Scheduling of time and technology across the business in London and Los Angeles.
- Managing to troubleshoot and overseeing resolution.
- Work internally with the EIKON team and EIKON clients in developing opportunities for new technologies, workflows & procedures.
- Creation and tracking of business and production reports.
- Revenue and Project forecasting and responsibility.
- Excellent knowledge of production workflows and operational systems.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience within the digital cinema mastering localisation Industry.
- Strong Technical understanding of Mastering, Graphics Localisation, and Subtitling processes.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the Media & Entertainment Industry (Broadcast, Post Production).
- Team player with interpersonal skills who also can work on own initiative.
- Professional, positive and pro-active approach.
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and customer service skills.
- Tight organisation and time management skills.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations and sensitive information.
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and manage workload both personally and for your team.
- Flexible with the ability to work in a fast-paced demanding environment and out of office hours when required.
- Willing and able to troubleshoot complex problems and suggest solutions.
- Strong IT literacy.